Thursday, September 6, 2007

Holy Cow!

Holy Cow! It's been almost a month since I've blogged. Tonight, I'm watching the first official NFL game of the season. Or, maybe I should say that I'm sitting on the couch with the laptop and surfing the net while the game is on in the background. And, I'm hoping that I can successfully defend my title in the NFL football pool at work. It's kind of fun to have football bragging rights over all the guys for a year.

I'm heading off to Chicago tomorrow for a whirlwind-less-than-24 hour trip. My friend Rach is picking me up at the airport. Her hubby is cooking us dinner. Yummy! The main purpose of my trip is to compete in the Big Shoulders 5K open water swim on Saturday morning. I do this swim every year. It's awesome. It starts from Navy Pier and concludes with a swim up Lake Shore Drive. Beautiful views of the Chicago skyline are a highlight. After the swim, I'm treating myself to a Cinnabon at the airport. It's the one time a year I indulge my Cinnabon love. I do hope my flight is on time b/c as soon as I arrive in KC, I'm sprinting out of the airport and to Lawrence for the KU football game.

Rock Chalk!

No comments: