Friday, April 6, 2007

Little Things About Me

I've decided to share a few little things about me that you may or may not know. This type of post may reoccur periodically here.

  • I *love* hot coffee, but I don't like cold coffee (iced or ice cream). I was once horribly sick the day after eating coffee ice cream and to this day, even the smell of cold coffee makes me slightly nauseous. I only mention this because it came up in conversation at work today in relation to the new iced coffee available at McDonald's. I will definitely not be trying it.
  • My favorite religiously-symbolic church service of the year is the Tenebrae service. It's usually either on Maundy Thursday or Good Friday. Tenebrae means "darkness" or "shadows" in Latin. It's usually a retelling of Christ's betrayal and crucifixion, through several readings, with candles snuffed out and lights dimmed after each reading. The service tradionally ends in silence and darkness. It's always meaningful to me. The stillness, and solemness, and aloneness that I feel while sitting in a dark church gives me a small glimpse in to what the world would be like without Christ. I'm glad I know that the story continues with His triumph over death on Easter Sunday.
  • I love turning to a new month on the calendar. There's just something about the anticipation of looking at the next picture/illustration that I love. It makes me smile each month.

No comments: