Sunday, April 1, 2007

Creative Ideas?



This crock is the new Red Wing antique I bought recently. It's sitting in the corner formed by my living room wall and my TV cupboard. Notice the ugly messy cords hanging out the back of the cupboard? I sure wish someone would invent wireless TVs, DVD players, DVRs, etc. Until that happens, I would like to put something in this crock that is wide enough and tall enough to hide the cords. A plant would work, but I've had plants before in this spot and they tend to die. I'd like to blame it on the lack on sunlight that this corner gets, but in an effort at full disclosure, I should probably take some of the blame on myself. A fake plant is an option, but I've had a fake plant in this spot and it tends to look, well, fake. So, most of you out there are a heck of a lot more creative than I am. If you ever need something organized in to a spreadsheet, give me a call. Creative ideas, however, aren't really my strong suit. So, I'd love any suggestions for what to put in this crock that would look great and hide the mess of cords.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about one of those spider plants that you and stac so successfully grew? =)

bet(h) said...

you can get dried things that are not fake - but don't have to be kept alive - like bittersweet or some grassy things. they could look cool.

Joy said...

ahh...spider plants! my original spider plant passed away last year. none of it's babies survived, either. :(