Sunday, August 3, 2008

Finished!!


I've either been out of town (Olympic Trials, Vermont wedding, in Lawrence saying good-bye to Mark) or working on my dining room the past five weekends. So, this weekend was so pleasant because it didn't involve any of those things!! Don't get me wrong...I love traveling and it's fun working on the house, but I have to confess that I was totally ready for the dining room project to be done and to have a lazy weekend.

My previous post contains a couple of dining room photos...with and without wallpaper. This is the finished photo!!! (Except for the plantation shutters, which I'm hoping will be installed this week). After getting the wallpaper off, I wasn't making very much progress on the dining room until my mom volunteered to help. She is a trooper!!! She put in two long weekends of work with me. It was pretty time consuming to prep the walls and get them in good enough shape to paint. A friend helped me hang the chandelier (or rather, he installed it while I watched) this past week. Without them, I'd still be spackeling holes!

Even though it was hard work, I love the way it turned out!!

No comments: