Thursday, April 17, 2008

Where's the Turn Signal?

Greetings from Perth!!!
We arrived without incident yesterday. Well, mostly without incident...I managed to drop my laptop while going through security in Sydney. Oppss!!! But, it booted up and is working like a charm so far.

Driving on the left side of the road is an adventure (for me, my mom is scared spitless...not sure what that says about my driving?). I'm getting the hang of it, but the hardest part is that the turn signal is on the right side of the steering wheel. The wind shield wipers are on the left. So almost every time I try to signal, I first turn the wipers on, yell out "Dang it" and then try to actually turn the signal on before turning. Oh, and down is "right" and up is "left", so that's backwards too. And apparently Australians don't believe in a lot of street signs, so we've had a few "detours" but it's a beautiful city and we're beginning to get it figured out!

I haven't taken any pictures yet but will do that today and try to post some soon.
G'Day Mate!

1 comment:

shelly said...

i'm imagining i'm in the car watching you hit the wipers and yelling 'dang it'...it's quite amusing.