Friday, February 15, 2008

Patting Myself on the Back

When I bought my "new-to-me" car over 2 years ago and talked to the insurance agent about removing my old car and adding my new car to my auto insurance policy, he mentioned that my plan structure was really old and I might be able to get better rates under their new plan structure. But after he ran my license number and saw the string of tickets and one accident I had on my record (I had a bad run there for a couple years...4 tickets...I drive slower now), it turned out the "old" plan that I was grandfathered into was less expensive. But he said, "Your last ticket will roll off your record in January of 2008, so call back then and you can probably get lower rates".

So, being the organized person I am...this is why I'm totally patting myself on the back today...I wrote a reminder on my planner for February 2008 to call about new insurance rates. I've even had to move that reminder to each of my new yearly calendar pages twice since then!

I called this week and am switching to the new plan, with the same deductible and coverage I currently have, and will pay $27 less per month!!! And, every year I don't have an accident, my deductible (currently $500) will go down $100. I specifically asked if it was allowed to get to $0, and he said yes!

This is one of those little things that totally makes me smile.

No comments: