Monday, May 21, 2007

A New Toy

I discovered a new toy for my iPod and iTunes last week. Those of you who are iTunes experts may already know about this, but it was a new discovery for me. It's called Music Mixer and can be downloaded for free. (I think there are other similar tools out there, but Music Mixer is the one I'm using.) It works in sync with your iTunes library to make mixes. You can select one or multiple songs and it will make a playlist from those songs. You can control how long the playlist should be, how many times the same artist can be repeated, how similar the songs should be to the "seed" song, etc. This is an especially useful tool for me because I tend to listen to the same songs over and over again and am not super familiar with a lot of the songs in my library. Music Mixer is helping me branch out, without me having to know where I need to branch out to. So cool!

No comments: