Sunday, March 18, 2007

Jill's Story


Last weekend, my friend Jill got married at Oak Alley Plantation in Lousiana. Since there were only 22 people at the wedding, it was a fabulous weekend of spending time with Jill and Maher, telling stories, laughing, eating, chatting, and just generally hanging out.
I met Jill in college. We were in the same sorority but weren't especially close. I lost touch with her after college until she moved to KC and she randomly called me up one day. Since then, she's become one of my best friends.
Some of favorite Jill memories:
~Eating at Sweet Tomatoes. Mac and cheese, yogurt with sprinkles, brownie muffins...yum, yum!
~Road trip to Yellowstone! Best road trip ever, in my book. Jill taught me to embrace spontaneity (okay, embrace might be too strong a word) but I learned to let go of my agenda and just go with the flow.
~Smushed peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!!
~It really is ice!
~Jill introduced me to antique Red Wing crocks. I now own two of them and have a couple hundred dollars less in the bank. :)
~Cruising for depression era glass in Omaha.
~FindYourSpot.com. Hickory, NC here I come!
~Swinging on her front porch, drinking wine, and talking about our hopes, dreams, and fears.
Jill, I love your assertiveness, your humor, your love of things with character, your vulnerability, your sense of fun, your adventurous spirit, your organization, your reality...you. I am so happy that you have found your home with Maher.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It just wouldn't have been the same without you there Joyous! The wedding needed your bubbly personality and good-hearted outlook on everything. Some of the best moments were Joy-isms...I recall, "Did you wear black socks with those boat shoes?!?" Your sense of humor and timing just endears you to everyone who meets you!! Love you girl!

bet(h) said...

jill obviously knows the same joy i do! :) i don't know any of these others, but your post made me smile nonetheless, joy. :)